Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Project 02

I'm not completely sure why, but for some reason Project 2 was very difficult for me. I think it may be because I'm pretty confident when working with Illustrator or InDesign but I've never really had much practice with Photoshop. It took a very long time to figure out what all the buttons meant and how layers worked; it was all just so foreign. Once I got a slight grasp of Photoshop, though, I slowly but surely created my poster:


I'm actually pretty proud on how it turned out! I got their reflections to show up! In space! I didn't create this image to really represent anything, I guess it's just abstract.


Now, the poster on the other hand, was easy to make, but...I just don't like how it turned out:


First of all, my image doesn't make sense for the cover of The Time Machine. But it was really the only novel even remotely relating to my poster, so oh well. Second of all, I just really think it could be more interesting. I'm not really digging the stark lines between the blocks of black and the galaxy background; I wish I could have made them fade into each other somehow, to make it more fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment