Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lisa Frank

I thought I would start out my blog with a bit of nostalgia:
Lisa Frank has dominated school supplies since the 80's. The company showcases its designs on everything from trapper keepers to even backpacks, and its no wonder this kind of design concept is what determines who in a kindergarten class is the coolest (they obviously they had the prettiest folders in the class). I remember feeling superiority over my classmates because I had a sparkly-purple Lisa Frank lunch box; I was the only girl in my class who had it, and that made me better.
Even though most Lisa Frank designs look like a designer said "Hey! My eyes aren't bleeding enough! This needs way more neon pink!", their prismatic color palettes and cartoony illustrations just seem to work for some reason. You don't see anything even remotely similar to Lisa Frank designs on the market, and their ability to be  immediately recognized by most people seems to be how the company has been so steadily successful for the past 30 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment