Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Project 04: Developing a Logo

My first round of trying to design a logo didn't go so well:

Yikes

I drew the frosting shape based on the picture of a cupcake I found on the internet, but it just looks like a blob. As for the type on the bottom logo, I thought it was a cool idea but I just couldn't execute it properly.


Now here are some of my final stages of making a logo:



I knew I needed a more polished cupcake if I was going to do a silhouette, so I just started creating a more detailed version of it (top left logo) just so I could see if it looked right. Then, I filled the entire cupcake shape with a single color and gave it a blue background (top right). I thought it looked simple and minimalistic, which is great, but I wanted it to be a little more fun. My final edit was to add a scalloped border around the circle and change the color palette (bottom).

I'm really happy on how it turned out. I was thinking that since the cupcake symbol is so striking the logo could stand on its own without the company name on there and still be recognized for that company.


No comments:

Post a Comment